The mission of the California Science Project is to develop and enhance teachers’ science content knowledge and pedagogical practices in order to support high-quality science education for all students. To this end, the following goals are central to each CSP program:
• Deepen teachers’ knowledge of science content, in alignment with the California Next Generation Science Standards, Common Core State Standards and English Language Development (ELD) standards and associated frameworks;
• Enhance teachers’ instructional and differentiation strategies to improve learning for all students;
• Create professional learning communities, centered in teacher action, evidence-based, and reflection practices;
• Support the development of teacher leaders with the experience or potential to mentor colleagues
• Offer research based technical assistance, evaluation, and assessment to partner schools and districts to advance programs.